Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sandals for Monster High dolls

Here is another pair of shoes that's been unfinished for some time. Finally decided to make the heels and get these finished.

This first photo shows how I started. These are the cardboard and leather insoles with a small plastic ring on a piece of string that goes through the sole and is glued to the underside. This string goes between the big toe and the one beside it.


As you can see in this picture. Then I just started adding pieces of thin rubber band through the ring and around the foot.


The ends of the rubber bands are glued under the insoles.


Then I added a strip of fabric on the back, so I could glue the ends of the upmost straps inside it. With all the straps in place, I glued the leather outer soles in place.


The heels are pieces of balsa wood covered with leather.


Here are the finished shoes on Clawdeen Wolf's feet.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I love your blog. I really like how these turned out. I'm in the process of reading your past posts, so I excited to see your other projects.